Mike’s parents came to visit us for two weeks. While they were here, we went up to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat and all the temples…AMAZING. The pictures don’t really do it justice, but neither will anything I write, so I think I’ll just stop here.
Angkor Thom: We overheard a guide that claimed the temple had 9 spires for the 9 planets. We found this claim...suspicious.
It took 30 shots to get a picture Mike liked in this hall. No, that's not an exaggeration; I counted.
Part of a group of statues "stirring up" the elixir of the gods.
Banteay Thom. The second "jungle temple." The first, Ta Phrom, was made famous by Tomb Raider, but I prefer the one untouched by Angelina Jolie.
One of the many faces of Bayon Temple. I think we have the same nose.
See: Same! I think I might be descended from an Angkorian king...
Now we only have 3 weeks left in Phnom Penh, but there are still plenty of things to update everyone about. Oh and before I forget, for those of you who are still keeping updated on weird food we're eating, we recently tried tarantula. It's actually pretty good. Nice and meaty...mmmmm. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment